Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

March "Person"

 
So, the March person tag is a bit odd.  My brother-in-law doesn't go by a name in the blogosphere.  Instead, he is called The Runner.  That's because he is a marathon runner.  I am in awe of his determination and work ethic. 
 
So, the photo shows him sitting facing the back of a chair at a restaurant somewhere in the Dallas area.  I think all of the chairs have some funny remark on the back.  Of course, she had to pick this specific chair!
 
During the summer, I participated in Tim Holtz's Creative Chemistry 103 class.  The background of this tag was one of my completed projects.  (See it here.)  Sister said she wanted it.  Little did she know that I had already used it for this tag.
 
 
I had originally planned to make the heading "The Runner;" however, I thought that the play on words (run) was funnier.  The letters are all Alpha Parts from my Tim stash.  I used various Distress Paints to color them.
 

For the picture, I chose to use my craft scratcher and some Distress Inks to cover up The Runner's face to spare him the "fame" he would get from this post (LOL).  I used some jute string that I unraveled a bit to frame the back of the chair.

 
I finished it off with a piece of burlap underneath another piece of Creative Chemistry 103 work.  All in all, I had fun creating this card, and I hope Sister and The Runner enjoy it. 


sig3new

1 comment:

  1. This picture still makes me laugh - even though The Runner's body is missing. I know he's sitting there. LOL.

    Yes! got the tag. Didn't notice the rubbings the first time I saw it. Love how I'm now going back and visiting each one as if it were the first time.

    I like how you used the jute to frame the words and then mirrored it above through the hole in the tag. The fraying process reminds me of a horse's tail. Why, I don't know ... just does.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for visiting!