Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2016

July "Theme"




Here are the options for this month’s theme (the bold one is my choice): Independence Day, Parents’ Day, Sister’s Birthday
Quite some time ago, I asked Sister to write out how she signs her creations.  I wanted to figure out how to use it in my Cricut Explore.  I was successful on my first try (and included “creations” to the sig line); I decided to add it to a tag.  Her favorite color combination is royal blue and lime green, so I did a color wash/combination of colors close to that.  I decided to outline the title to make it pop a little more. Everything had a spray of Biscotti Tattered Angles spray.

The tag went into my pile of “someday” projects.  Well, shortly after that, we came up with the tag theme project.  Her birthday is in July, and I thought about making a t-shirt using the SuZeQ Creations as an iron on.  Then I had a better idea:  I decided to make a tote bag with that on it.  I figured she would use it more than the t-shirt. You can see my post about her gift here.

So, now July tag time came around, and I thought, “hmmmmm…I can use the tag!”.  I used my Cheery Lynn Designs Build a Flower 1 and Sweet Williams Strip dies to create the flowers.  The flourish under the flowers is Sizzlits Lovely Flourishes.

I used turquoise Stickles for the flower centers as well as adding a just a touch more bling to the open spaces on the tag.

Since I wasn’t using a ribbon at the tag hole, I decided to use two layers of cardstock to “frame” the tag.

Anyone looking at this tag wouldn’t know that it goes with the theme that I chose, but Sister certainly got the connection! And that’s what matters!













sig3new

1 comment:

  1. Haha - that's me ... SuZeQ Creations! Love my tote bag and have received several compliments - thank you again! I have a Sweet Williams die and never use it but seeing your flowers on the tags in this Sister Swap makes me want to dig it out. They're fantastic - especially the tiniest one; love the spike-ness!

    All the glitter and sparkles and the largest flower reminds me of a poinsettia makes this tag very Christmas In July! Works for me.

    Good tag - thank you.
    xo
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for visiting!