Pages

Monday, July 25, 2016

Week 8 of Summer of Creative Chemistry

I created this card using the smudge stamping technique as well as the rusting with embossing powder technique. In addition, I used my Distress Markers to color the little boy's jacket, hat and the backdrop.  I also stamped a bicycle on the bottom right of the page and then used clear embossing powder to make it really shiny. Both are from the Creative Chemistry 102 class that I am retaking this summer through Online Card Classes.  If you haven't taken either Creative Chemistry 101 or 102, I strongly urge you to do so.  There are so many techniques to learn, and the classes are always available for reference.

I really like this quote ... it speaks volumes for my life lately!  "You can't get where you're going without being where you've been."


I am entering this into Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Add Some Texture. The deadline is Monday, August 1 at 8:00 a.m. EST.  The texture is evident in the "rusting" on the gear, the embossing on the bicycle, the crinkled paper for the saying, the softness of the colored ribbon and the smooth film strip.

sig3new

1 comment:

  1. Great quote and lovely layers of texture, Dodie! Isn't Summer of Creative Chemistry fun? Thanks so much for joining in our texture challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for visiting!