Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Happy Birthday!

Our niece turned 16 this week, and this card went on its merry way to her.  I hope she enjoyed it!


I was so excited when I saw Tammy Tutterow's blog post Discover Beauty Card this past week. Of course, all of her posts are so wonderful, but this one was especially fun.

I didn't copy her card, as you can tell if you visit her site.  However, I did use it for inspiration.  I used   my Seeing Spots embossing folder to create the texture on the bottom layer and then colored it with a combination of Broken China and Peeled Paint Distress Inks along with Vintage Photo to add some age.  The Distressed Doily is one of Tim Holtz's On the Edge dies, and the sentiment is stamped using Tim's THJ009 Cling Stamp - Saying Stuff (can't find a link to it, sorry).

Finally, I colored some ribbon and added a flower to the bow; the flower was a simple white one that I used the same inks on to make it match.  I am so excited about this card!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah ... don'tcha just love the doily die? Good job.

    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dodie, You have every right to be excited about this card your inking techniques are fab on it, not just on your paper but the ribbon too. I bet your niece loved her card. Thanks for leaving a comment at Cheery Lynn for me. Julie x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for visiting!